Summer 2007 seasonis brought to you by
The Misplaced Modifiers
Game 10 - July 25, 2007
|T1:T3||Usual Suspects||All Over Twisted||Artful Dodger|
|T2:T4||Footloose & Firkin Free||Unnatural Axxe||Jason George|
|T6:T7||Five of What?||Forza Azzurri||Kilgour's|
|T5:J5||Cellar Rats||Five Guys Named Moe||Artful Dodger|
|J1:J3||On a Roll||MI5||Duke of Gloucester|
|J2:J4||Frayed Naughts||Sam's Spades||Imperial|
|J6:J7||Reach for the Tap||Clueless||Ferret & Firkin|
|All Over Twisted||6||3||0||528||30||58*||94|
|Footloose and Firkin Free||6||3||0||511||27||49||101|
|Five of What?||5||4||0||564||40||53||76*|
|Average (per game)||60.3||3.6||5.7||9.7|
|On a Roll||4||5||0||479||36||51||102|
|Five Guys Named Moe||3||5||1||506||41*||50||100|
|Reach for the Tap||1||8||0||464||30||40||107|
|Average (per game)||53.7||3.3||5.2||12.1|
**Clinched berth in Final.
*Indicates teams in Final, and winners of Stinker, Canadiana, and Fewest Zeroes prizes, if there were no more games this season.
- Despite the design of the Game 10 rematches, none of the teams in contention for the same berth are playing each other! So all the contingencies depend on comparing results of two or more different games.
- MI5 are definitely in the Final for winning the Jaworski, and are also in contention for the wild-card spot, which would put a second Jaworski team in the Final.
- The Torquemada will be won by Suspects (who might also take the wild-card spot) or Axxe. If Suspects beat Twisted, they win the division. If Suspects tie Twisted, Axxe must beat Firkins to win the division and get in the Final. If Twisted beat Suspects, then Axxe must beat or tie Firkins to win the division and get in the Final.
- Five of What? can get in the Final by overtaking three teams on points. They need to simultaneously outscore MI5 by 4, Rats by 7, and Suspects by 11. If this happens the third team in the Final will be the Torquemada winner, either Suspects or Axxe as detailed above.
- Otherwise, MI5 can take the wild-card berth if they simultaneously outscore Rats by 4 and Suspects by 8 (in some unlikely cases the required margin is 9). Then the other two teams in the Final will be the Torquemada winner (either Suspects or Axxe), and probably Sam's Spades. However, if MI5 do all this while losing to On a Roll, and Naughts beat Spades, and On a Roll outscore Spades by 2, then On a Roll will get in instead of Spades.
- Otherwise, Cellar Rats can get in the Final by the wild-card berth if they outscore Suspects by 4. If this happens the third team in the Final will be the Torquemada winner (either Suspects or Axxe).
- Otherwise, Suspects take the wild-card berth. If they do this while losing to Twisted, and Firkins beat Axxe, and Twisted outscore Axxe by 14, then Twisted are in; otherwise Axxe are in.
The promotion/relegation slots are already settled. If no teams enter or leave the league, then next season MI5 will be promoted to the Torquemada Division and Forza Azzurri will be relegated to the Jaworski. The Misplaced Modifiers will return to the Torquemada while Footloose and Firkin Free will be setting questions.